Job Opening - Senior environmental scientist,
ERO Resources Corporation
Senior Environmental Scientist
ERO Resources Corporation, a team of environmental consultants headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is seeking a full-time senior level Environmental Scientist. ERO’s expertise in science and planning provides an approach to the environment that balances development with natural and cultural resources protection.
ERO’s new Environmental Scientist will report to the Geoscience team leader and will support and manage new and existing projects based out of our Denver office. They will assist with business development, management and creative problem solving within ERO’s Geoscience team. A proven track record of environmental investigation and compliance will be needed to author and review technical reports for due diligence investigations, remedial actions and responses, and ongoing monitoring activities. This personable team member will have direct regulatory interface with internal and external clients, and be motivated to identify, pursue, and broaden ERO’s client base and market presence, while providing exceptional attentiveness to our current client needs. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, have strong oral and written communication skills, be able to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects, and have the capability to work both as a member of an interdisciplinary team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Design, conduct, and support due diligence investigations on a variety of project;
- Provide senior level oversight, review, and interpretation of soil, groundwater, and vapor data as part of new or ongoing investigations, remediation, or monitoring projects;
- Develop lasting professional relationships with current clients through quality client support;
- Engage new clients through professional networking, marketing, and stellar customer service and support;
- Provide geologic and hydrogeologic technical support, including field work, for internal and external team members;
- Provide mentoring for current and future junior scientific staff; and
- Other relevant and value-added duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in earth science field.
- 15 or more years applicable experience, with preference for Colorado-based experience.
- Thorough understanding of relevant federal and Colorado waste, water, soil, and air regulations.
- Direct experience with applicable ASTM standards including Phase I ESA, Phase II, and Vapor Encroachment, and sampling protocols.
- Strong understanding of current MS, Adobe, and applicable industry-related software packages.
- Physically able to perform strenuous fieldwork, able to travel locally, and independently carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
If this position seems like an incredible opportunity for you in ERO’s Denver office, please email a cover letter with your salary expectations and your resume, describing your education and experience, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 16, 2018. Adobe pdf is preferred. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references and may be asked to submit two writing samples. Successful candidates may be required to submit to a drug test and background check after the interview process is complete.
ERO participates in e-verify and preemployment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.